Rules & Regulations
2010 ICHA Futurity & Aged Event Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
Printer Friendly Version 2010 ICHA Rules & Regulations
1. Verification of Ownership. Proof in the form of a photocopy of the registration certificate or a notarized statement of age and description must be submitted with all entries.
2. Current ICHA Membership of both Owner and Rider is required. A $45 membership fee will be charged for individuals and $75.00 for families.
3. NCHA membership is required. A copy of the current NCHA card for both rider and owner must be submitted with the entry form.
4. Aged Event Definitions: By January 1 of current year.
Futurity 3 yr olds Derby 4 yr olds Classic 5 yr olds Challenge 6 yr olds Uncola 7 and up
5. Entries: All entries are due and payable in full by August 17, 2010. Open and Non-Pro entries not in the office by August 24, 2010 will be assessed a $150 late fee; Amateur and Uncola age entries will be assessed a $100 late fee after September 1, 2010. Late entries can be paid with a check, but must be “funds guaranteed” with a credit card that has been authorized until the check clears (10-14 days).
a. Make checks payable to: ICHA, c/o Sue Marostica PO Box 70 Kuna, ID 83634. All collections will be paid in U.S. Funds.
b. No limit to the number of entries per contestant in all divisions.
c. A convenience fee will be charged on all credit card processing.
6. NSF: All returned checks will be assessed a $50.00 fee for returned or delayed payment. Checks not made good will be subject to all means of collection with appropriate action taken per NCHA rules. Owner and/or rider will be responsible for these funds.
7. Go Round Advancement:
a. Futurity Open & Non Pro Divisions: 100% of all horses will advance to the 2nd go round except horses that didn’t compete in the 1st go, 30% advance to the finals, maximum of 25 and minimum of five (5).
b. Derby and Classic/Challenge Open & Non-Pro Divisions: 70% of the entries will advance to the 2nd go, 30% advance to finals with a maximum of 25.
c. Uncola Non-Pro, Derby Amateur, Classic/Challenge Amateur divisions: 1 go round with 30% advancing to the finals. Classes with less than 10 entries will not have a working finals.
d. An advancement fee will be charged to all horses advancing to the finals.
a. Futurity, Derby & Classic/Challenge Open & Non-Pro divisions: No go round money will be paid. The total purse will be paid out in the finals.
b. Amateurs & Uncola Age divisions: No go round money will be paid. The total purse will be paid in the finals.
c. The Gelding Classes within a class is paid at 25% of the furthest advancing entries.
d. The $200,000 Limited Rider Classes within a class (Non Pro divisions only) is paid at 25% of the furthest advancing entries.
e. Premium or winnings checks will be issued within 14 days of the close of the show.
9. Judging: A three judge monitor system will be used. NCHA Rules observed.
10. Ties: If there are any ties for the Championship of any class, Co-Champions shall be declared. First and second place monies will be divided equally. There will be a work off or coin toss for the 1st & 2nd place awards. Three way or greater ties shall be worked off with one being determined as Champion and remainder as Co-Reserve Champions. The money will be split equally.
11. Changes: Show management reserves the right to make any changes, additions and deletions to these rules as deemed necessary by them for the betterment of the show. Notice of any changes will be posted at the show or upon request.
12. Event Cancellation: The ICHA reserves the right to cancel any event or classes within an event, without prior notice to the contestants, without liability to the association or its’ officers. In such an event, fees pertaining to that class or event will be refunded.
13. Refunds: The ICHA will consider refunding fees prior to the draw for only two reasons, no other refunds will be given for any reason. In both cases an office charge will be retained for $150.
a. Sick or injured horse with a veterinarian’s excuse.
b. Sick or injured rider with physician’s excuse.
14. Mechanical Training Devices: No personal mechanical training devices allowed, mechanical cow will be available at practice pen.
15. All Dogs must be on a leash when on the Idaho Horse Park Grounds.
16. No Outside food or drink is allowed in the Indoor Arena or Viewing Area. Thomas Management is the only food vendor at the Idaho Horse Park.
17. Stall fees will be $160 due and payable on or before August 17, 2010. Tack Stalls Advisable. Stalls payments are payable to: – ICHA with entries. Preferred stall ordering is online at www.idahohorsepark.com/Reservations.htm