2009 ADDITIONS/CHANGES FOR NCHA APPROVED SHOWS
TO: NCHA Affiliates, Show Management, Certified Secretaries
NCHA Directors and NCHA Trainers
2009 ADDITIONS/CHANGES FOR NCHA APPROVED SHOWS
Point year will end two Sundays before Thanksgiving on all NCHA approved shows. For the 2009 point year the date will be November 15th.
MANDATORY PAYOUT ADJUSTMENT
All added money classes $500-up will be:
Classes with $499 and less in added money will use the old payout schedule.
· When earnings are pulled from horses and riders because of ineligibility, class placings will be recalculated and show management will redistribute the earnings accordingly. If earnings are pulled, (on the second offense) they must be repaid to show management within 15 days of notification, or the ineligible competitor will be placed on suspension. The affiliate/show producer will receive a warning for the first show from which earnings are pulled. The affiliate/show producer will be responsible for making up any shortfalls at subsequent shows.
Page 1 of 3
SHOW SECRETARY CERTIFICATION
* Must sit at 4 shows with a certified secretary (must be approved by the NCHA office)
* Must be with at least 2 different certified secretaries (must be approved by the NCHA office.)
* Fee of $25.00 per day paid to the training certified secretary.
* Must work while at these shows (announce, take entries, ability to finalize show results for reporting to NCHA and do manual payouts, etc.)
* Each certified secretary will be required to fill out a confidential evaluation sheet reporting on the applicant’s knowledge of cutting, rules and show management for approval or additional training needed. This will be supplied by the NCHA office.
* After completing the 4 shows and approved by the certified secretary, a test will be mailed to be completed and returned to the NCHA office within a set amount of time. Must score 80 or better on the test.
* Passing applicants will receive confirmation letter with card attached.
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS PURSES
* The $2.00 “World Finals Fee” collected at weekend shows will become a “National Championships Fee” and will be earmarked for the Eastern and Western National Championships beginning with the 2009 point year. Added money at these shows will jump 67% to $20,000 per class, with payouts adjusted accordingly. The entry fee for the Eastern and Western National Championships will remain at $500.
NOVICE NON-PRO EARNINGS LIMITS
* While earnings limits for the Novice Horse classes will remain at $3,000 and $10,000, the limits for the Novice Non Pro classes will be raised to $5,000 and $15,000, respectively.
NO SHOWS DURING NCHA CONVENTION
* No shows will be approved during the NCHA Convention. In 2009, the Convention will be held June 19-21.
* Shows that take pre-entries must publish this in the Cutting Horse Chatter. If they fail to do so, they must accept other entries.
Page 2 of 3
YOUTH CLASSES ON FRIDAYS
* The provisional rule introduced in 2006 allowing approved youth Classes on Fridays after 6 p.m. in Utah and Idaho will be made permanent, with the stipulation that any youth who shows in those states on a Friday will only be eligible to also earn NCHA youth points on Saturday (not Sunday).
COMBINED JUNIOR AND SENIOR CLASSES
* If a youth cutting approved as a Junior and Senior Youth cutting is combined at the time of the draw because there are less than (3) entries in either division and additional entries are taken at any time after the draw that increase the entries to at least (3) in each division, points will be received in each division but the working order will remain as drawn.
* The following text will be added to Standing Rule 11: Random computer draws may be used in classes exceeding 30 entries, provided the judge is present and working orders are printed immediately. Thirty and less, must be hand drawn by the judge.
JUDGES STANDS AT WEEKEND SHOWS
* The Show Management Handbook will be amended to recommend that judges’ stands be a least six feet high, and that judges’ sheets be posted and show secretaries should be stationed and outside hearing range of the judge. A time clock must visible to all judges.
* The last day NCHA will approve any new applications for the Apprentice trainer program is November 23, 2008. This program has ended. The current apprentice trainers will still abide by all NCHA rules that are in place for them.
* Beginning 2009 point year the current restrictions have been lifted for Reinstated Non Pro and Exception Rule Non Pro. They will be able to compete in Limited Non Pro classes at LAE and weekend shows.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact the show department.
Director of Shows